What are the nutritional requirements of a canola crop?
Watch the video to learn about what nutrients are required by a canola crop and the best times to apply them.
Essential nutrition for canola crops
Essential nutrition for canola can be divided into four key stages. Preventing a nutrient deficiency at each of these stages is crucial for preserving the genetic potential of the crop to maximize yield potential. Use the tabs below to learn about the key nutrients required for each stage:
Seeds are naturally nutritionally imbalanced – adding a seed nutrient dressing containing the following nutrients can help the seedling get off to a strong start.
- Phosphorus – energy production and photosynthesis
- Zinc – auxin production to drive rooting
- Boron – cell membrane integrity for strong, healthy roots
- Manganese – photosynthesis (responsible for splitting the H2O molecule)
- Biostimulants (Convey and Cellburst) can help drive rooting and enhance early seedling vigour, without having negative effects on the inoculant.
- The other key goal with adding biostimulants to the seed is to address and help overcome early season stresses, such as cold soils.
How much nutrition does your crop need?
Use our crop uptake and removal calculator to determine how much of each nutrient is required for your targeted yield.
System of Chemtrition
Developed in the lab and perfected in the field, the Chemtrition three-stage system works in tandem with your seed treatment, herbicide, and fungicide plan to deliver essential nutrients throughout the plant’s life cycle. Release the genetic potential of your crop through a proactive, balanced nutrient plan and get the most out of every acre.
Chemtrition = AgChem + Nutrition
+ Seed Protectant
Rate: 9.0 oz/100 lbs Timing: Seed
- Increase root development and improve cell wall integrity by eliminating unwanted exudation of carbohydrates and amino acids with the addition of boron.
- Zinc nutrition to drive auxin production in the seed to improve seedling vigour and root growth.
- Enhance early season photosynthesis and overall plant health with the addition of phosphorus. Drive root development and address abiotic stress (cold soils) with the addition of key biostimulants
- Compatible with P solubilizing seed treatments
Rate: 2.0 qt/ac Timing: Foliar
- Enhance rooting and maximize photosynthesis with phosphorus.
- Drive sugar movement and proper cell wall integrity with boron.
- Ensure active photosynthetic activity and eliminates flashing during stress periods to drive rooting with proper zinc and manganese nutrition.
- Drive nutrient uptake and efficiency by the plant with key biostimulants
Rate: 0.5-1.0 qt/ac Timing: Foliar
- Optimize sugar movement to the reproductive parts of the canola plant with the supplemental potassium.
- Improve pollen viability with proper zinc nutrition.
- Maximizes auxin production to ensure proper pollen tube growth with boron.
- Improve pollination and pollen tube growth with calcium.
- Maintain ATP production and overall plant health using the optimum load of phosphorus.
Proven Agronomic Performance
Field trials conducted in North America proved the synergistic effects of the System of Chemtrition in Canola, showing an average increase of 19% in Canola yield.
Achieving your genetic potential with canola
ATP’s canola nutrition program helps you achieve the genetic potential of your crop – maximizing yield and quality. ATP’s comprehensive product portfolio provides you with a wide range of options to meet all your canola nutritional requirements.