What are the nutritional requirements of a soybean crop?
Watch the video to learn about what nutrients are required by a soybean crop and the best times to apply them.
Essential nutrition for soybean crops
Essential nutrition for soybeans can be divided into five key stages. Preventing a nutrient deficiency at each of these stages is crucial for preserving the genetic potential of the crop to maximize yield potential. Use the tabs below to learn about the key nutrients required for each stage:
Seeds are naturally nutritionally imbalanced – adding a seed nutrient dressing with the following nutrients can help the seedling get off to a strong start.
- Add an Inoculant to the seed to drive Nitrogen fixation.
- Soybean seeds are naturally nutritionally imbalanced – adding a seed nutrient dressing can help the seedling get off to a strong start. However, caution must be taken to ensure nutrient like Zinc are not added as it can harm the seed applied inoculant.
- Nutrients such as molybdenum formulated with biostimulants (Transit S and Cellburst) can help drive rooting and enhance early seedling vigour, without having negative effects on the inoculant.
- The other key goal with adding biostimulants to the seed is to address and help overcome early season stresses, such as cold soils.
Ho much nutrition does your crop need?
Use our crop uptake and removal calculator to determine how much of each nutrient is required for your targeted yield.
System of Chemtrition
Developed in the lab and perfected in the field, the Chemtrition three-stage system works in tandem with your seed treatment, herbicide, and fungicide plan to deliver essential nutrients throughout the plant’s life cycle. Release the genetic potential of your crop through a proactive, balanced nutrient plan and get the most out of every acre.
Chemtrition = AgChem + Nutrition
+ Seed Protectant
Rate: 1.0L/MT Timing: Seed
- Drive root development, nodulation and maximize N fixation with the addition of key nutrients and biostimulants.
- Rhizobium friendly formulation.
- Low dose rate ensures flowability of seed when combined with seed protection product.
Rate: 1.0L/ac Timing: Foliar
- Maximizes photosynthetic activity and eliminates flashing that occurs during stress periods with proper forms and levels of manganese and zinc.
- Maximize rooting and phosphorus uptake while being synergistic with crop protection products.
- Improve herbicide compatibility with sulphur to condition water.
- Drive nutrient uptake and efficiency by the plant with key biostimulants
Rate: 0.5-1.0L/MT Timing: Foliar
- Increase nutrient uptake and plant health with the synergy of the fungicide with the optimum load of phosphorus.
- Aids water management and ethylene inhibition with potassium.
- Improves pollen viability and pollination with additional zinc and boron.
Proven Agronomic Performance
Field trials conducted in North America proved the synergistic effects of the System of Chemtrition in soybeans, showing an average yield increase of 23%.
Achieving your genetic potential with soybean
ATP’s soybean nutrition program helps you achieve the genetic potential of your crop – maximizing yield and quality. ATP’s comprehensive product portfolio provides you with a wide range of options to meet all your pulse nutritional requirements.
Transit-S + Cellburst + TE
2-23-2-0.6S-3Mn-1Zn + Transit-S + Cellburst + TE
Ruffin-Tuff Crop Mix ll
10.0B + Transit-S + Cellburst + TE
2-0-15-1.5B + Cellburst
0-21-14-0.3Zn + Cellburst
Designed specifically for each crop
Developed in the lab and perfected in the field, the Chemtrition three-stage system works in tandem with your seed treatment, herbicide, and fungicide plan to deliver essential nutrients throughout the plant’s lifecycle.
Got P? Solutions to Address the Tight Supply
How to ensure you ‘Got P’? This spring, phosphate supplies have been tight and shortages have been reported across Western Canada. Watch the video below (3.5
Investing in a Seed Nutrient Dressing? Don’t miss these tips
If the seed is still in the shed, it’s not too late to cold start your crop with PreCede! PreCede can help mitigate the impacts
How snotty roots combat cold soils
No one wants a runny nose, but having snotty roots is exactly what an agronomist orders to fight off cold soils in the spring! The